Saturday 21 March 2009

Alien

It is official. My husband has gone to another planet and an alien has replaced him. This alien unloads dishwashers and washing machines and strips bedding and hangs out washing and clears cupboards and gives me AFFECTION!!! I love this alien. He gets up early and helps with Sproglet and is taking me to The Boxwood Cafe tomorrow for a fancy schmancy meal with champagne and everything because it is Mutha's Day. He is full of energy, has bought an exercise bike and goes to the gym twice a day. He has a glint in his eye and a spring in his step. He makes plans. He writes lists. He buys me my favourite Kiehls hair conditioner as a treat. He reminds me of a man I dated 7 years ago (who I went on to marry...). Whatever planet he is from - I don't care. I want him to remain earth bound. I am showing him our strange earthing customs and he is acclimatising nicely. One small step for marriagekind...

No comments: